The Internet Archive and many individual contributors worked together to put together a comprehensive list of websites to create a historical record of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina and the massive relief effort which followed. This collection has over 25 million unique pages, all text searchable, from over 1500 sites. The web archive commenced on September 4th.
- Cost to Store All US Phonecalls Made in a Year in Cloud Storage so it could be Datamined
- Knight Foundation Strengthens Support for Television News Research Service
- National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- Brewster Kahle to be Honored with 2013 Amer Lib Assoc LITA/Library Hi Tech Award
- Free and Fast ‘Roof2Roof’ Internet Available in Richmond, CA
- joseph kirk on National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- David S. on Why Preserve Books? The New Physical Archive of the Internet Archive
- D. Wolfe on National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- Finding .ca domains in the 80TB Wide Crawl | Ian Milligan on Downloading in bulk using wget
- Finding .ca domains in the 80TB Wide Crawl | Ian Milligan on 80 terabytes of archived web crawl data available for research