The Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval at UMass Amherst, the Perseus Digital Library Project at Tufts, and the Internet Archive are investigating large-scale information extraction and retrieval technologies for digitized book collections. The NSF has awarded a grant of $2.7 million for a project to apply advanced OCR, topic modeling and metadata extraction techniques to over one million books at the Internet Archive.
- TV News Record: adventures with Face-O-Matic
- Internet Archive TV News Lab: Introducing Face-O-Matic, experimental Slack alert system tracking Trump & congressional leaders on TV news
- IMLS Grant to Advance Web Archiving in Public Libraries
- Film Screening: Lost Landscapes of LA on August 7
- TV News Record: Donald Trump Jr makes “email” popular on TV again