The Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval at UMass Amherst, the Perseus Digital Library Project at Tufts, and the Internet Archive are investigating large-scale information extraction and retrieval technologies for digitized book collections. The NSF has awarded a grant of $2.7 million for a project to apply advanced OCR, topic modeling and metadata extraction techniques to over one million books at the Internet Archive.
- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive — Friday, December 19, 2014
- Declaration to be ‘Defensive’ for the Defensive Patent License
- Defensive Patent License: Troll Proofed. Innovation Protected.
- 430 Billion Web Pages Saved….Help Us Do More!
- Partnership Promotes Jobs and Builds Free Global Library