The Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval at UMass Amherst, the Perseus Digital Library Project at Tufts, and the Internet Archive are investigating large-scale information extraction and retrieval technologies for digitized book collections. The NSF has awarded a grant of $2.7 million for a project to apply advanced OCR, topic modeling and metadata extraction techniques to over one million books at the Internet Archive.
- Experiment with One Million Album Covers
- The first Netlabel Day – Join the event
- Thank you, Robert Miller, for 2.5 million Books for Free Public Access
- Making Your DOS Programs Live Again at the Internet Archive
- Help Free PACER–Cast your Vote for Free Court Records at the Internet Archive this Friday!