The Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval at UMass Amherst, the Perseus Digital Library Project at Tufts, and the Internet Archive are investigating large-scale information extraction and retrieval technologies for digitized book collections. The NSF has awarded a grant of $2.7 million for a project to apply advanced OCR, topic modeling and metadata extraction techniques to over one million books at the Internet Archive.
- Knight Foundation Strengthens Support for Television News Research Service
- National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- Brewster Kahle to be Honored with 2013 Amer Lib Assoc LITA/Library Hi Tech Award
- Free and Fast ‘Roof2Roof’ Internet Available in Richmond, CA
- Trovebox adds support for Archive.org storage
- brewster on Free and Fast ‘Roof2Roof’ Internet Available in Richmond, CA
- internetarchive on Wayback Machine: Now with 240,000,000,000 URLs
- ampm on BloomEnergy, the Bloombox, Free Energy and Tesla
- Anthony Smrke on A Little Accordion Music Never Hurt Anybody
- Homer on National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?