- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive Dec 18th
- Bitcoin Friday Sale at the Internet Archive Store
- Start of Community Wireless Backbone in Richmond CA
- A Dream to Preserve TV News, on the Road to Realization… with Your Help
- NSA Comedy Tour with Will Durst! A Night of Comedy, Ethics & Tech on Dec. 11th in SF
- brewster on Fire Update: Lost Many Cameras, 20 Boxes. No One Hurt.
- Sanjay Sircar on Fire Update: Lost Many Cameras, 20 Boxes. No One Hurt.
- Du lich on Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive Dec 18th
- Du lich da lat on Start of Community Wireless Backbone in Richmond CA
- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive Dec 18th | Internet Archive Blogs on Fire Update: Lost Many Cameras, 20 Boxes. No One Hurt.
Author Archives: traceypooh
Just over 8-1/2 years ago, I wrote a multi-process daemon in PHP that we refer to as “catalogd”. It runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no rest! It is in charge of uploading all content to our … Continue reading
Greetings video geeks! 8-) We’ve updated the process and way we create our .mp4 files that are shown on video pages on archive.org It’s a much cleaner/clearer process, namely: We opted to ditch ffpreset files in favor of command-line argument … Continue reading
Many of you have already noticed that since the New Year, we have migrated our new “beta” player to be the primary/default player, then to be the only player. We are excited about this new player! It features the very … Continue reading
Per some requests from our friends in the Live Music Archive community… You can get any archive.org item downloaded to your local machine as a .zip file (that we’ve been doing for 5+ years!) But whereas before it would be … Continue reading
We’ve made our ogg video derivatives slightly better via: minor bump up to “thusnelda” release “upgrade” from 1-pass video encoding to 2-pass video encoding direct ffmpeg creation of the video (you’ll need to re/compile ffmpeg minimally with “–enable-libtheora –enable-libvorbis” configure … Continue reading
Dear Patrons, Last Thursday we pushed out changes to drop the “www.” prefix from our urls so that we have the newer/shorter style urls start like: http://archive.org We intend to keep this change permanently. We know there will be a … Continue reading
One thing that’s driven me a bit kooky is every time I “reply to this post” in the Internet Archive forums, it drives the browser to a new form page with no context/content of the post I was just looking … Continue reading
below the current audio/video player on archive.org you have probably seen by now the link: Would you like to try our new audio/video player? (beta!) We had some known problems in this beta rollout that affected audio MP3 playback. Specifically, on … Continue reading