- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive — Friday, December 19, 2014
- Declaration to be ‘Defensive’ for the Defensive Patent License
- Defensive Patent License: Troll Proofed. Innovation Protected.
- 430 Billion Web Pages Saved….Help Us Do More!
- Partnership Promotes Jobs and Builds Free Global Library
Tag Archives: h.264
Greetings video geeks! We’ve updated the process and way we create our .mp4 files that are shown on video pages on archive.org It’s a much cleaner/clearer process, namely: We opted to ditch ffpreset files in favor of command-line argument … Continue reading
Many of you have already noticed that since the New Year, we have migrated our new “beta” player to be the primary/default player, then to be the only player. We are excited about this new player! It features the very … Continue reading
We have thoroughly tested a newer and simpler way to create h.264 derivatives! Changes you’ll notice: More pixels! previously 320 x 240 goes to 640 x 480 pixels Slightly higher video bitrate — from about 512kb/s to … Continue reading
Late last week, we pushed live a new video deriving technique, as well as in the process updated our audio/video file reader, ffmpeg. New items will benefit from this newer method, and prior items can be re-derived by users if … Continue reading