- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive — Friday, December 19, 2014
- Declaration to be ‘Defensive’ for the Defensive Patent License
- Defensive Patent License: Troll Proofed. Innovation Protected.
- 430 Billion Web Pages Saved….Help Us Do More!
- Partnership Promotes Jobs and Builds Free Global Library
Tag Archives: internet archive
Just over 8-1/2 years ago, I wrote a multi-process daemon in PHP that we refer to as “catalogd”. It runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no rest! It is in charge of uploading all content to our … Continue reading
Dear Patrons, Last Thursday we pushed out changes to drop the “www.” prefix from our urls so that we have the newer/shorter style urls start like: http://archive.org We intend to keep this change permanently. We know there will be a … Continue reading
The Internet Archive is on campaign to buy e-Books from publishers and authors; making more digital books available to readers who prefer using laptops, reading devices or library computers. Publishers such as Smashwords, Cursor and A Book Apart have already … Continue reading
On December 17, 2010 Brewster Kahle received the Zoia Horn Intellectual Freedom Award for successfully challenging a National Security Letter (NSL) issued by the FBI that demanded personal information about a user of Internet Archive’s site, archive.org. You can see … Continue reading
With so much information packed into the Internet Archive, it’s often hard to remember what your favorite items are or to go back to an item that you haven’t finished reading/watching/listening to. A simple way to keep track of your … Continue reading