- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco: Fundraiser Benefitting Internet Archive — Friday, December 19, 2014
- Declaration to be ‘Defensive’ for the Defensive Patent License
- Defensive Patent License: Troll Proofed. Innovation Protected.
- 430 Billion Web Pages Saved….Help Us Do More!
- Partnership Promotes Jobs and Builds Free Global Library
Tag Archives: theora
We’ve made our ogg video derivatives slightly better via: minor bump up to “thusnelda” release “upgrade” from 1-pass video encoding to 2-pass video encoding direct ffmpeg creation of the video (you’ll need to re/compile ffmpeg minimally with “–enable-libtheora –enable-libvorbis” configure … Continue reading
We now support the new HTML tag when viewing movies from our site. You’ll need Firefox v3.5+ (full or beta release) or Safari v4+ for us to show you a “try the new tag” section under the “click to play” video … Continue reading
We have rebuilt all of our nearly 200,000 videos at the archive! [We finished this Dec 1, 2008] Related cross-blog with OLPC. Here is a table-based chart of which video formats will be “derived” into which formats (we are creating … Continue reading
archive.org has started to make theora derivatives for movie files, where we create an Ogg Theora video format output for each movie file. after trying a bunch of tools over a good corpus of wide-ranging videos, i found a neat … Continue reading