Wednesday, the Internet Archive’s Open Content Alliance grew to 80 contributing libraries.
We have scanned over 100,000 books now available to everyone. (Over 250,000 total.)
The New York Times has an article today on page 1, above the fold!
Other announcements of the OCA include:
* Digital inter-library loan of out-of-print works starting;
* Mass Microfilm scanning program started;
* Mass journal literature scanning program started;
* OpenLibrary.org opensource site now has tech framework for online book catalog and books;
* Print-on-demand machine demonstrated with OCA books.
See the brief movie.