- Cost to Store All US Phonecalls Made in a Year in Cloud Storage so it could be Datamined
- Knight Foundation Strengthens Support for Television News Research Service
- National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- Brewster Kahle to be Honored with 2013 Amer Lib Assoc LITA/Library Hi Tech Award
- Free and Fast ‘Roof2Roof’ Internet Available in Richmond, CA
- joseph kirk on National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- David S. on Why Preserve Books? The New Physical Archive of the Internet Archive
- D. Wolfe on National Security Agency ❤ ❤ ❤ Internet Archive?
- Finding .ca domains in the 80TB Wide Crawl | Ian Milligan on Downloading in bulk using wget
- Finding .ca domains in the 80TB Wide Crawl | Ian Milligan on 80 terabytes of archived web crawl data available for research
Author Archives: Jason Scott
Since 1997, a dedicated team of scanners and curators have been assembling a collection of historical computer and technology-related items. This collection, called BITSAVERS.ORG, contains tens of thousands of documents and software products dating back from the 1950s and into … Continue reading
Two different, but somewhat related additions to the archive you might want to check out. First, I was contacted earlier this week about a project to recover information off of an old Cray-1 supercomputer hard drive. Unlike, say, trying to … Continue reading